Welcome to our events page! Information regarding the specifics of events will be posted here. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!
Series class: $10 per person
Friday dance: $10 per person/ $5 for Victrola series or private lesson students. Includes theme nights.
Band nights: $15 per person/ $5 for Victrola series or private lesson students.
Ballroom Practice: Free for Victrola series students, otherwise $5 per person.
* Victrola student pricing applies only to those present in class during the same calendar week
* Pricing valid unless otherwise noted
Series Start Dates for 2018 (Sunday week start): Feb. 4th, March 18th, April 29th, June 10th, July 22nd, Sept. 2nd, Oct. 14th, Nov. 25th, Jan. 6th
ARGENTINE TANGO PRACTICA- Sunday February 18th
After our 2nd Argentine Tango workshop with Greg Sipe, we received requests for a regularly occurring Tango session. As a test run we will be running one on a Sunday afternoon in between scheduled workshops. Music will be DJ’d by Alyssa Arter. We hope you can join us!
$10 general admission
SWING & BLUES DANCE LANCASTER, hosted with Fruition Collective- Wednesday, February 21st
It’s our 3rd month of Swing & Blues classes and dance to be held with Fruition Collective of Lancaster!
Classes will be at a fundamental level, which means no experience or partner required! This will advance a little further than a drop-in style lesson for those of you familiar with our classes.
6:15 Blues Class
7:00 Lindyhop Swing Class
7:45-9:45 DJ’d Dance
*EVENING IS BYOB*
$20/ both classes & dance
This video combines styles, but you can find them highlighted separately. Movement is in competition here, but not choreographed: https://www.youtube.com/
You can find info about Fruition Collective –> https://
DO YOU WANT TO PERFORM?!
Here at the Victrola, we love to perform and training dancers is kind of our thing. If you have any interest in performing, historical re-enactment via dance, need to find a close group of people with whom to grow, camaraderie, or even just a sheer desire to study the process by which dances and dancers are MADE, in utmost vulnerability and invested scholarly interest, we hope you would join us! Every 6 months we have a troupe placement day where anyone is welcome to participate and become a part of our troupes. There are periodic dates added to the calendar for this purpose as well. It is easiest to go under ‘Events’ and then ‘Calendar’ to see when these are being held. We hope you join us and start your journey today!
Basie Bombers- 1930s-40s partnered Lindyhop, occasional Bal-Swing or Shag
D-Day Dolls- All ladies small troupe reminiscent of the Andrew Sisters
Gin Bops- 1950s partnered Rock N’Roll & Boogie Woogie troupe
*The Ladybirds are hand selected and are not a part of the troupe placement process*
******** ******** ******* ******* ******** ********
March 2018 Events
BIG & BAD ROCKABILLY CATS- Friday March 16th
There’s little we love more than local folks who know how to Rock n’ Roll. Check out the band here–>https://www.facebook.com/
For 15 years York City has proudly hosted a Friday evening swing dance complete with a beginner lesson that allows any week to be your “first” time and every week to be the best time!
8:30 Intro to Swing with Mary & Chris
9:15 Dj’d Dance with Elkan facilitating & late night blues
*Wear green and get $3 off Admission
*We love to celebrate every March with a crash course Polka lesson and dance game. Prizes are at stake, you’re pride is not!
*Find the hidden pot of gold for a delicious treat.
A few things you need to know:
1) This event is open to all-levels and all-ages. You do not need a dance partner. We are family friendly! York City has an 11pm curfew and all those 16 or under must be accompanied by a guardian at that time.
2) Parking- You may park on the street as well as the Penn Market & York Emporium parking lots for free. They are located on the same block as the Dance Hall.
3) Payment is cash or card, card subject to $1 fee. $15 General Admission for band nights, $5 if you attended class at The Victrola that week.
4) Please feel free to dress up and casual attire is acceptable too! Wear non-marking shoes on our floor 🙂
5) Our beginner lesson is an Intro to Lindyhop (some may identify this as East Coast Swing). We play a variety of traditional 30s/40s music as well as some 50’s.
6) Minimal snacks provided, bottled water available. You are welcome to bring your own.
7) You can find our code of conduct and house rules on the bulletin as you enter!
THE ANNUAL BIG SWING THING WEEKEND- Friday April 27th- Sunday April 29th
Buy Tickets Here —–>